Sunday, May 3, 2015

Bloom where we are planted..

APRIL 27

Hello My Dear Family And Friends :)

I am now serving in Berwick Maine and Somersworth New Hampshire :) I live in Maine, but most of my area is in New Hampshire. I guess I am getting the best of both worlds :) Our new apartment is nice, its one of the few in the mission that have a washer and dryer in it, woop woop #spoiled ;) The weather has been very nice here.. so I guess that is another woop woop! Haha I feel like it is the perfect place for me to be. Lots of neighborhoods, which is wonderful I love to be out and talking to people,  and inviting them to learn more about all this wonderful gospel has to offer!. Even though no one really likes to listen.. sad day.. Ha My new area is part country, which is awesome, reminds me of home, a little bit classy to my liking. I did love Augusta, oh so much. It was very hard to say goodbye... to the companion, the place, and most of all the amazing friends I've made there. It will forever have a special place in my heart. 

Tuesday morning I met my new companion, Sister Payne and we headed to our new area. She is from Washington. I am driving now.. oh dear! Haha I don't know what to think about that! Sometimes I feel so weird.. I'm just this silly 19 year old girl, and they are trusting me with my own apartment and car and oh so much. Its great though! 

 I came across a really good article this week in an ensign. It talked about no matter where we get moved to in life.. we just need to bloom where we are planted! I loved that line soo much! My testimony has really been strengthened this week in receiving personal revelation. It amazes me how the Lord can and does direct us to scriptures or things we need to hear to help us. I am so grateful for this gospel, it really always seems to have an answer. He has showed me time and time again, how aware He is of all His children. 

I have such a Love for the Lord.I know if we look and pray we will be able to feel his outstretched arms to us. "and thus doth the Lord work with his power in all cases among the children of men, extending the arm of mercy towards them that put their trust in him." (Mosiah 29:20) Trust.. I have really had to work on that in life, trusting in the Lord. I have come to know that our Father in Heaven knows us way better than we know ourselves, and I know that he knows whats best for us. As we put our trust in him continually, I know all will be well!  I have seen as I have put my trust in him it has stimulated so much growth in my life. Growth in many different ways.. Growth in the gospel for being one.. I love that about The Gospel Of Jesus Christ. It always makes us want to be better with a perfect example, Jesus Christ.  This is a church of hope, happiness, and love.. What a blessing it is to be apart of it! 

I met some of the ward yesterday, even though it wasn't normal church hours. So that was fun, I even got to say the closing prayer! For church we listened to a broadcast from Salt Lake City. I don't know if you guys in Utah got to listen to it, but it was amazing! I felt so much gratitude for our Savior, and what he has done for us.. I am grateful that because of Him we can be forgiven for our sins and weaknesses. Through the Atonement we can resist temptations of the world. I am also grateful that because of Him we can always have a best friend near. A talk in the broadcast talked about how we can't get home alone, and that we need each others loving help. I thank Heavenly Father everyday in prayer for the loving help that you guys have given me. He has blessed me with the best family a girl could ask for, and angels for parents. Friends to support and to help me as well.. I know as we go about our daily lives, there are so many opportunities to help and serve others. Always let your light of Christ shine, others notice it. 

I miss you all terribly.. but hope you have a fabulous week! The church is true, don't forget to say your prayers.  Always remember how much your loved... by me and the Lord!!

My new address
10 Cedar Lane Apt C
Berwick, ME 03901

I always love handwritten notes  ;) haha 

Sister Bee

These are our investigators :) They are so fun. Seriously they have such a light!! E is on date for baptism and has been for a while. To be baptized you have to come to church three times in a row, and the grandma they live with is less active.. So praying hard that she will be able to get these cute kids to church and to reactivate herself! 


No comments:

Post a Comment