Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Instruments for the Lord

MAY 18

Hi family and friends :)
Thank you for all the updates... It makes me so happy to hear from you all and how you are doing. You all have such a special place in my heart and I love you dearly.

Missionary work has been wonderful, running to and fro, and its been great! Lots of great people to teach here.

Monday we had a family home evening lesson with a family in the ward.. It was so fun! Haha 4 kids under the age of 8 sure screams out party! Haha The Sargent Family is wonderful I hope I can get some pictures for you of them sometime! Their little girl in church yesterday was sitting a few rows in front of me, and when she saw me she screamed "Oh My goodness mom... Its the girl Missaronies!!" She can't quite say missionaries, but she sure got a few giggles from people in the ward. I feel extremely blessed to be able to meet all of these great people.

We we're so blessed yesterday. 2 of our investigators came to church. My heart was oh so happy. Sally, we met her my first night here, a member brought her to a relief society activity at the church and we got talking!.She is so funny and full of great questions! We have had lunch and dinner and a few lessons at the members house with her.. It was so good to see her at church. She told us she really liked it and was happy with the feeling she felt there. Our second investigators name is Jonnie.. Oh wonderful Jonni, she had such a fun personality. I seriously just love her! He baptism date is June 20th, we're working so hard to get there, she really wants it. its just surrendering her will to God is what we're working on. 

I learn so much daily about diligence and faith. Those two things can get us through anything! This week we decided to walk down a street because it was full of people walking around. We had passed at least 5 people who said they didn't have time to talk.. haha I mean, come on we don't smell that bad!? After that we decided to knock a few doors and while we began to do that, I saw a man out walking his dog. I knew we had to talk with him! He told us that he had a minute, and I think it threw us both for a surprise! He was ecstatic, it was his first time meeting a Mormon in person. lol! He threw out some questions and we talked about the Book Of Mormon. He pointed to his car down the road and told us he would read it, and just to leave it on his car so we did. After our good chat we continued knocking on doors and then we were heading back to our car, and passed the same man.. little did we know he had picked up the book and was reading while walking! haha, It brings a smile to my face to share what I love, even if it is in the smallest and simplest ways. 

This morning I was looking back on my week and was noticing the ways that The Lord had used me as an instrument in His hands. It's crazy to me, that most of the time when we are following the spirit and being led through life, or to someone, we may not even recognize it until we look back at it. I know that we all can be guided through this life through the spirit as long as we pray and try our hardest to listen to the promptings and do what the Lord would have us do. I know that through small and simple things, great things are brought to pass. We truly never know what a smile or saying something kind can do for someone. Its a blessing that we all can be instruments for the Lord every single day by doing small and simple things.

The picture below is of wonderful Sister Blaisdell. How old do you think she is?? Not a day over 30 right? ;) Haha, She is 93, and truly a beautiful women, and so upbeat for being that old! I met her my first Sunday here and fell in love with her. She has been nagging on me to get over to her house so she could make us an ice cream Sundae... and we finally had some time to stop in this week for a sundae and a quick spiritual thought. Her testimony is so strong and pure. She showed us her dads only Book Of Mormon from 1917 and there was such a special feeling looking through the pages.

I hope you have a great week. ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers. The church is so true, so thankful for the Atonement, and that we can overcome anything through our Savior Jesus Christ.

Sister Bee


No comments:

Post a Comment