Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Colds and GPS


Hiiiiii

So so happy to be able to email you this day!



It was a wild wild roller coaster ride this week. A ride with some
amazing miraculous experiences and a few crazy ones too.. All in all I
still give all my thanks to my Heavenly Father!

We had a few great service project at a members house doing some hard
work and labor! Made me feel like I was back at the farm in good ole
Howell Valley. We helped them with some things and then had some lunch
with them. Their home is so homie, and I feel like I'm around family
when I'm there. We also helped volunteer at a South Perish
Congregational church and helped them serve at a spaghetti dinner. We
met the pastor and a lot of their congregation and they were all so
kind! They also asked lots of questions about our church, which was
great!! Truly a great experience.

Also this week I had a gnarley cold.. Three bags of cough drops later,
and living off the wonderful thing they call DayQuil and NyQuil, I am
finally feeling like myself again! Having my nose be a running foist
for a couple days was really really unattractive and gross. I tried
really hard to be a trooper.. But I know because of our endurance, God
blessed us with 8 GREAT people to teach this week. It was a truly
terrific to see the things God led us too. I have felt so much love
from God for these people, and love to see the light shine in them as
they hear about this gospel. Some were even families, and I can say
the lessons we had with them will be some of the best memories. We
also may or may not of had a crazy man call us cult and say some
really rude things, we tried to walk away but he jumped in front of
us. It was ridiculous! But it's okay I finally realized a blessing for
my weight gain on my mission... If things got out of hand I could have
just sat on him. ;)

So mom and dad.. Last week at zone conference we got this thing called
a "TIWI" installed in our car. Let's say you do not have to worry that
I'll be speeding! It's a little black box that talks back to me when
I'm driving. It has a deep voice and will notify me when I take too
hard of a turn, or if I go over the speed limit. If I don't slow down
within ten seconds it notifies the President that Sister Bee was
speeding. Hahaha. It's crazy, and the little voice is quite scary. I
think I pee a little bit every time it corrects me or tells me to slow
down. Sorry if that's too much information, but it's true. It amazes me
the technology they have. It truly shows me how much the church wants
its missionaries safe! I heard the best quote from a new englander
that's lived here all her life..She said "you can't get there from
here" haha. Most correct quote I ever did hear! So many trees and no
one can get here to there without a GPS in New England. I'm so
thankful for my GPS, and that it can help me get around. Being on a
mission I tend to relate the weirdest things to the gospel.
So...Here's a "Sister Bee's translation of the day" for ya.. What
could our spiritual GPS be??..The scriptures! Saying your prayers!
Partaking of the sacrament weekly! And relying on the Lord! I have
came to know doing these things, and from not doing these things in my
life that as we do them we draw closer to our loving God. As we feast
on our scriptures it enlightens us to be more in tune with the things
that matter most in life. As we communicate with God, we feel his love
and assurance that He's there. And as we partake of the sacrament
weekly we let the process of the Atonement take place. I'm not perfect
in any which way or form, but I have noticed as I have tried my best
to let God be my GPS in life that He has taken and shown me better
things than I could of imagined. I know that as you give everything to
God, have patience (still a work in progress for me) and LET GOD GUIDE
YOU, you find a greater sense of real peace and happiness.

It was sad to hear word of the passing of Elder Richard G Scott. It's
crazy to think him, Elder Packer, and Elder Perry have all passed
while I have been on my mission. I pray for their families! And am
once again thankful for knowledge of heaven that we have. On the
bright side it's conference weekend this week.. So enjoy it! I can't
believe it's been 6 months since the last one... Time is such a weird
thing! Copy link below and watch a quick little preview of conference
:)


I know that God lives and that he loves you, each and every one of you.
I'm grateful for personal revelation and I know that general
conference is a time to seek, receive and act. The prophet and his
apostles are not just wise guys giving us advice, I know that they
have been called of God. They're wonderful instruments for the Lord
today. We can better learn from there counsel.

I truly hope you have a fantastic week 💜

"Let faith fortify every footstep along your way..
 Let hope open your eyes to the glories Heavenly Father has in store for you
 Let love for God and all his children feel your hearts."
-Uchtdorf

-Sister Bee

Thank you for sending me some applesauce chocolate chip cookies,,for
making up for my baking fail. They were delicious. You guys are simply
the best! They sure brought a smile to my face :) Miss and love you
all.

Clarification on invisible fence lines from last week, since all of
you asked! Haha... They keep all the scary dogs back from us.. Pit
bulls, Rotwhilers... So therefore, thank goodness for invisible and visible
fence lines! Had a freaky experience where I thought I was going to be
attacked but the invisible fence line saved the day :)


Lunch at the park! We drew the plan of salvation with chalk and explained it to people at the park. We even got to give a Book of Mormon our to a man! Thanks for the great idea Ryan!


Harry and Sister Bee!

The leaves are changing!!

1 comment: