Wednesday, September 16, 2015

LOVE

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 14


Dear family,
This was the fastest week of my life! 
Some weeks can feel like years... But this one fleeeewww by!
So the people we're teaching are still doing well. And I'm doing well too.

Yesterday in sacrament I was reminded of the first and great commandment. 
Matthew 22:37-39.."Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."

How can we better love God, others, and ourselves with our whole >HEART.. SOUL... AND MIND? 
>> By following the example of Jesus Christ! 

This morning Sister Dickson read over a talk from the October Conference in 2014. Called "Ponder The Path Of Thy Feet" from our dear prophet Thomas S. Monson. Such a good talk, and good council. He told of "One woman, that each time she related experiences she had during a visit to the Holy Land, would exclaim, “I walked where Jesus walked!” She had been in the vicinity where Jesus lived and taught. Perhaps she stood on a rock on which He had once stood or looked at a mountain range He had once gazed upon. The experiences, in and of themselves, were thrilling to her; but physically walking where Jesus walked is less important than walking as He walked. Emulating His actions and following His example are far more important than trying to retrace the remnants of the trails He traversed in mortality. We choose to follow Him as we journey through mortality. His example lights the way. Said He, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” We, with Jesus, can walk the path of obedience. It will not always be easy, but as we strive to place Christ at the center of our lives by learning His words, by following His teachings, and by walking in His path, He has promised to share with us the eternal life that He died to gain.
 
I know that as we strive to make others around us feel loved, and feel loved by God, that we feel Gods love for us in our own life more abundantly. If you want that love, pray for it. (3 Nephi 14:7) "Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." But most importantly don't forget to love yourself. Always see yourself through heavens eyes! I know that I want to be better at loving everyone with the same love that Christ has.. "whatever is done in love, is done well." I know that to be true, In life everything truly boils down to love. So love yourself, love God, and love others... And never forget the love I have for you. I know that as we look to Jesus as our Exemplar and as we follow in His footsteps, we can return safely to our Heavenly Father to live with Him forever. I'm thankful for Gods love. It's there for each and everyone of us, we just have to open our hearts and feel it. I love the gospel. And I'll never be able to thank my Heavenly Father for this opportunity to serve a mission. Sharing the gospel with others has strengthened me beyond words. I know that as we share what we love, live what we know, and love others we find true happiness in life. 

This morning I was reading in the scriptures and found a chapter I really loved. Something that stood out to me was a promise from The Lord that He's given to each of us , He said "Return unto me and I will return unto you." (3 Nephi 24:7) I know we can always turn to Christ no matter where we're at in life. It's never to late, or were never to deep. If we return to Christ he'll return unto us. God will never break a promise! And I'm so grateful the comfort that brought to me. That scripture itself shows Gods love so much to me. 

This week we've shared the video link below with a few people. Man it draws me to tears every time. Definitely copy and paste link and watch :) SO powerful.

I love you. I love you. I love you. 
HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEK 💜
I got an hour of p-day left...What does that mean? NAP! 
Xoxo

-Sister Bee
More pictures from last p-day at Agunquit Beach



Since they don't have mountains here, they climb towers! 





Cute Shelby Pouliot knew of these Sisters love of Cafe Rio and made them a remake of them! Happy girls!

Exchanges in Portsmouth, NH with Sister Danner!


Tay loves sunflowers and was so excited to find one the size of her head!
Brother Noel and Emma at church!
Their area in the middle of trees!

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment