Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Let Your Light So Shine!

MONDAY MARCH 2nd

It was a good week here as a missionary in Augusta, Maine. Mainards say it "Auguster" though haha. Everything with an A on the end of it they change it into an R. For example " I had a good idear" or "Almar" or "You want some pizzar" It's quite funny! Haha

This week just flew by, I don't have much to update on.. But I'm doing good, and I'm loving being a missionary.

Oh... one funny story is that I got attacked by a women's dog this week named Molly. It was HUGE and OVERLY Friendly haha. It also didn't help that I had a yellow piece of paper in my hand, which the owner later told me it looked like a dog biscuit. So as the lady ran into her house to grab a real dog biscuit, you can imagine me getting attacked. It was so funny, but also so scary at the same time! haha it was one of those awkward moments I had no idea how to make it stop. I hope this is not one of those "you had to be there stories"... Anyways it wasn't even worth it, cause the lady said no to hearing a message from us... but I can tell you I will never forget the dog Molly. 

So this week a lot of our appointments were falling through. The people we had planned to visit just weren't home or they didn't want to listen. It got to be around the time for lunch on Saturday and I was feeling a little bummed, so Sister Collins and I just decided to grab some Arbys. (Food and a little breather can heal everything right? ;)) So kind of a cool story from what happened when we were there.. When I was ordering my food the lady read my name tag and stared at it for a minute. She then looked up with tears in her eyes and said "Will you pray for my mom?" I said sure, and asked if everything was okay? She said that her mom had passed away this morning, and she was really struggling. Which I don't blame her! I said of course I would pray for her and her mom, I also gave her a card with our number on it and the address of our church house. All I could really say to her since Arbys was so busy was " I know that we'll see our loved ones again." I was so thankful we decided to go to Arbys, and that we ran into that lady. I truly hope she'll give us a call or at least know she'll see her mom again.
  
I feel like I needed her to snap me out of my down mood, to remember that there is always an opportunity to help someone or to share the gospel with someone, and to try our best to always let our lights so shine..One of my favorite scriptures since I came on my mission is in 3 Nephi 12:14-16. "Verily verily I say unto you, I give unto you to be a light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candle, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven."

I love this gospel and I want everyone to be able to feel the happiness that I feel from knowing Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that if we pray to be able to serve or help someone the Lord will put them in our way. 

The mormon channel link I shared below was a message we shared with a family this week. I loved how it shows how big of an influence we can have on others by our choices. I know that each and everyone of us have a very special light within us..So let your light so shine, and I promise we'll be able to bless others and we'll also be blessed for it. I have seen it make the biggest difference out here on my mission. 'When we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God," (Mosiah 2:17)


I hope you all have a good week! And always remember how much I love you all. Xoxo

Sister Bee

This week we went to visit a less active. He said his wife was sick right now so it wasn't the best time for a visit. But he was the nicest man, he also took us out behind his house and showed us all of his animals! Chickens, bunnies, and 2 little goats!! The goats were so cute, and I kinda just fell in love with them. They were so funny, oh and they can jump so high!! This goats name was Fern, and it kept trying to eat my skirt and my hair.. hahah I couldn't stop laughing. I really think we should get some short funny goats for our farm when I get home. 


It's very likely that it is the last week these two Sisters will be companions. They have accomplished so much, and have also endured the frigid weather together! We are thankful they had a great companionship!

Their big mission-wide conference is Saturday and they will have the opportunity to hear from a general authority! This is when they find out the news about transfers.

We love Sister Bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment