Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Arabic Lessons and a Mission Conference

MONDAY MARCH 9

Heyy :)

I hope everyone is doing good. I wish I had more time to email, but todays is going to be a little short.  Crazy Monday where things will be getting changed around tomorrowTomorrow is transfer meeting in New Hampshire Manchester. I will be receiving a new companion but staying here in Augusta Maine for another 6 weeks! I'm excited to see whats ahead, and am so grateful I got to have Sister Collins as my trainer and companion for three transfers. I learned so much from her and am so thankful for the friendship we've created through being companions. 

I want to share a little quick story this of this week when we were tracting and we knocked on a families door that didn't know English. They were from Iraq and spoke arabic! They hurried and called someone in their family that knew english and he said he'd be there in 5 minutes! So we waited patiently smiling at the two cute little kids in front of us. We taught them the restoration lesson as their friend Gazii translated back and forth. Once we got to the part about Joseph Smith and his prayer, the sweetest and strongest spirit came into the room. My heart wanted to melt! We told them that we would get them a Book Of Mormon in Arabic and bring it over. Luckily the next day we went to Exeter New Hampshire for a missionary conference and so we had the mission office bring us a Book Of Mormon and a few pamphlets and lessons in Arabic. Who knows if this will go anywhere for right now, but I will be eternally grateful for the opportunity I had to teach them the restoration. 

So about this mission conference!! It was SO AWESOME! we had 3 amazing speakers come and talk with us. Elder Hallstrom which he is from the Presidency of the 70, and Elder Causse and he is in the Presiding Bishopric, and then Elder Bennette from the Area 70. Such a wonderful day I'll never forget! I'm hoping next week I'll be able to have more time to tell you some of the things I LOVED from their talks. Such a spiritual day as a missionary.

Have a wonderful week family. Love you so much. You're always in my heart and prayers.

Sister Bee

It's a polka dot thing!

"Went and spent two days in Yarmouth ME this week with Sister Tarawhiti! She's awesome, we had a lot of fun and did a lot of good work together! She goes home Wednesday:( But It was a fun exchange and we got to see the ocean that is behind us!"

Tay's best pal in their ward.

Mission conference! Complete with a photobomber!

Their ward mission leader brought them eggs from their chicken and Taylie couldn't believe how little that one egg was!
We can't wait to hear from Tay next week as she has her new week with her new companion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment