Friday, January 30, 2015

Keep On Keepin' On!

MONDAY JANUARY 26

(Sorry I am posting this so late! We were on vacation. :) -Tawnie)

Hey. Hi. Hello... Dear Loved ones.. haha

I hope you are all doing well! My prayers are with you all and with little Brinlee. What a little angel! I hope she gets better soon and fast. <3

This week fllllleeeeew by! I will update you on a little, but things are so good here in Maine! We're supposed to be getting a huge Historic Winter storm these next few days, and its called Juno. Haha all the missionaries are grounded on Tuesday, and we should be getting some serious snow! SOO be excited for pictures next week ;) 

We had District P-day at the church and played some games, which was super fun. I forget how much I love volleyball until I play around a bit! Such a great sport :) It was fun to have a little break and relax for part of the day. Later we had a dinner appointment with a cute young family!! They acted more like Utahns and later they told us they were from Idaho, and were just in Maine for a little bit for his schooling. They had such a cute little boy and girl, and it was fun to see them get excited about the little spiritual thought we left with them.

On Thursday we work at the Augusta food bank and help people in need gather their food. Such a humbling experience. Some of these experiences I'm having out here I just can't put into words. and I truly am so thankful for them. I feel so blessed for what I've been given, and to have the happiness that comes from the gospel in my life, and I just want to share it with all of them!!

While we were tracting this week, we got a 2 return appointments! Such a miracle right there :) And i'm really excited to go and meet with them this week. We even tracted into a man that knew all about mormons, but was pretty set in his religion, but wanted a Book Of Mormon, so that was exciting!! Its amazing to see if you pray and truly ask for guidance where to go, the Lord will direct you to someone that may be interested in learning more about the church. Another man we tracted into asked if Sister Collins and I were married and we both said no. haha He then began to start to tell us about his neighbor boy and how he had 2 jobs and was such a good catch and about his grandson, and then about another young boy he knew, little did he know were not allowed to date on our missions! haha 

We had a lot of meals this week with members. Some of the most kindest people I know! Some were great, some were not so great (tad bit sketchy) haha. But that fact they invited us over and the love they show to us is amazing. I can't even begin to describe my love I have for them. It is the most wonderful thing to be able to share my testimony with them, and hear how they all converted to the church. We have a great ward and a great Bishop.

We are really getting to know this less active family. We've had two appointments with them, and a dinner appointment with them, and I just love them so much. They're great, and are starting to read their scriptures and pray again. It is so neat to watch!

So funny moment: I asked a lady in the ward "how she was doing?" She replied, "super good and super gassy!" hahah I literally died of laughter. I was trying to hold it in but couldn't! The thought came to mind, I think we might be a little too close when she starts telling me she's a little gassy. LOL glad she felt comfortable enough to tell me how she was really feeling :) 

We taught the gospel principles class this week, and that is always really enjoyable! And also our investigator Mary came to Church again Sunday!! She is really liking it :) I'm so happy for her too. She really loves sister Collins and I, and I feel very grateful for this opportunity to teach her twice a week!

At our District meeting this week, I was the lucky one that got to stand up and bear my testimony after ;) haha I have realized though from my mission it finally doesn't make me nervous to get up in front of people and bear my testimony. I completely know that is because the Lord is helping me! He is with us always, and I know he listens to our prayers. God is very very aware of ALL of his children. I know that anything is possible with God on our side. He is so great, and wants each of us to find true happiness. This church is so true, and The Gospel Of Jesus Christ has truly grown to be a huge part of me. I love it with everything I am. It surprises me that I hated studying any subject in high school, but could study the gospel for hours and hours out here and never get tired of it! The Book Of Mormon is a very divine and inspired book, and I know that it is true. I'm thankful to be out here, and to be a missionary. Definitely a very special time in my life. And I'm thankful to be out here serving. I know we all can serve everyday, we just have to pray for an eye of service and the Lord will help you see how you can build of his Kingdom here on earth. I miss you all so much, and I love and care for you all so much. But I know the time flies, I mean look its already been 3 months! 

Have a good week, you are all so great. The Lord loves you so very much, and so does Sister Bee!!

Keep on Keepin on. Xoxo

Sister Bee 

Taylie loves Sister Cassidy

She loves the cute streets and buildings in Maine


Selfies!


The whole gang!
Cute Sister Bee

They had a big lunch together before transfer calls!

And these two cute Sisters get to stay together for another transfer! YAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment