Monday, December 15, 2014

Exchanges and Happy Tears!

DECEMBER 15

Its been a good ole week here in Auguster Maine :) 

We have two sets of Elders in our ward, and one of the sets are being transferred so we will be getting a bigger area! I am now serving in a bunch of towns including Augusta, Chelsea, Hallowell (such a cute town) Manchester, and Windsor Maine! Which this is so great because that means lots more people to teach and a lot of new investigators. I am loving doing the Lords work. Don't get me wrong there are your hard times, but this week I actually started to cry because I was SO happy! I feel very blessed to be here. Things are going really well right now :) There was a scripture that one of the Elders in my ward shared with me, he is from Layton Utah, and a way cool kid. It is Helaman 5:40-42. It talks about a cloud of darkness that is over their heads (which I think we have all felt like that at one time or another in our life.) It goes on to say if we repent, and pray to God, with having faith in Christ that the cloud of darkness will be removed from our heads. I loved that so much because I know it to be true. God is there for us, and if we do the things he asks of us, he is ALWAYS there to help us. I know it to be true. I know I say this every week, but I'm going to repeat it cause I know with all my heart that we have a Father in Heaven and his Son that love us more then anything, and they want to hear from us and the desires of our hearts. Sometimes I wish we could just see ourselves through Heavens eyes, because I can't even imagine how Heavenly Father sees us.
 
I loves The Book Of Mormon and I love especially making it personal to our lives right now. There are so many stories in there that we can learn from and that can relate to us now.I know if we abide by its precepts, and try our best The Lord will bless us. Its probably one of my favoritest (if that's a word) things to teach people about.
 
I don't remember if I told you this in a past email, but we knocked on a door and found a family to teach!! It's simply the best thing ever, like ever! They have two boys, and one is 7 hehe (baptism age;). Wonderful family, and the Husband has a lot of deep questions and alot of questions of the soul. When he talks my heart beat super super fast, but I feel like Sister Collins and I work really well together and have the spirit with us to answer his questions. We ended up having to tell him last time "well we don't know everything, we're just hear to tell you what we do know." We've met with them a few times, and have another appointment. I love all the investigators and people we teach. I love meeting new people and love getting to know there stories. It's simply the greatest. I can feel my testimony getting stronger and stronger everyday. This week we also taught wonderful Elliot (recent convert) about temples! It was amazing to see his light an excitement when we told him all about it. The only thing he was disappointed about was it had to be a year after baptism until you could receive your endowments. How cute huh? I sure love that man, and I sure love the temples. What a sacred and amazing thing to have here on this earth. I'm so thankful that families can be together forever through the temples ordinances. We showed him a picture of Temple Square at Christmas time and he was amazed, he said it will be a place he travels in a few years when were off our missions so we can meet up and show him around, how cool huh!!

Thank you for all the love and support. I can't wait to see all of your beautiful faces on Christmas :) Can I get a Woot Woot! Oh and guess what? So I was talking with this lady in the ward about Utah and how much I love Costa Vida. Well she found a recipe on pinterest for the sweet pork salads and will be making Sister Collins and I them tomorrow! How nice huh?? Talk about an angel on earth ;) have an awesomeeee week! 

Sister Bee

Taylie's District at Red Robin! She has been able to meet with them every Wednesday
for 6 weeks and has loved getting to know them and hear their testimonies!

From Tay: We had exchanges this week! Sister T, came to Augusta with me for a day and a half which was GREAT!
She is an amazing amazing Sister, and I learned SO much from her. Way cool, and strong testimony. We got along so well, and I know she will be one of my friends forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment