Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Spirit!

DECEMBER 8, 2014

IT REALLY IS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!

It's December already? SO crazy to me. I hope you are all getting into the Christmas spirit! I can't wait to hear your voices on Christmas :) Thank you all so much for the emails, I really love hearing about your week. Even the small stuff is so great! I know I say this a lot but I really do thank my Heavenly Father every day for giving me such a good family, and friends. 

This week has been a good one! We do service in the cafeteria at The Maine General Hospital which is pretty neat. Except we had to stack things in the freezer, and Sister Collins and I looked like Rudolph when we walked out.

 We also had an awesome lesson with Elliot on the Hope Of Gods Light. The spirit was so strong. The member that went with us to the lesson was really touched by the lesson, and it ended up being more for her than Elliot. I do know with everything that I am that Jesus Christ is the light and life of the world. Its such a good time of the year to remember that! Its amazing to see people change, and I'm thankful I can watch them. I know that The Gospel Of Jesus Christ does bring HOPE and HAPPINESS into our lives. 

We also had interviews with the President which was good to see him and his wife! I got to meet the Sister Training Leaders which was awesome as well! After that we had a few meetings and taught a Book Of Mormon Class to some of the members. Then we had Choir practice after. We were seriously at the Church all day! 

We did some more service this week at a Literacy center which was fun! Some of  the students that need extra help reading were there, and its fun to get to know some of them! We also did a lot of tracting, and ran into a new investigator! I'm excited to start teaching her. She is super nice, and we shared a short Christmas message with her. You guys have to go onto christmas.mormon.org and watch "He Is The Gift". Such an amazing video! It really helps us remember what Christmas is all about.. I'm so thankful for my Savior. I know he loves all of us SO much. He made such a sacrifice for us, which I am eternally grateful for! I have felt so close to my Savior this season. I know that if we seek out to know him, he will come to us as well. 

A member made us Breakfast for dinner one night and it was seriously amazing. She said she had been cooking for two days! Delicious. We all shared our favorite scriptures at the end, and I realized it is impossible to just have one! We had our Ward Christmas Party which was way fun! Except is rained the WHOLE day. I had never seen anything like that! Way fun party tho, and way cool ward! I wanted to hold all the babies there tho, ahh the struggle is real! ;) Sunday was a good day too, with it being fast Sunday and all. Sister Collins and I taught the 11 year olds again, which is always a blast. We also got to listen to the Christmas Devotional at the church later that night. Which was great! I truly am so thankful for Christ this time of the year. Hope you all have a great week! I love you so so much!!

Sister Bee

Thick ice! She says they pretty much ice skate everywhere in Maine!

She loves her companion!

Sister Morgan and Sister Bee

Meeting so many fun Sisters.

Taylie loves this Sister who has a goofy side like her! haha
she says she has an amazing testimony and gets to spend two
days this week with her!

Tay got to see her friend Sister Farley again- happy day!

The Sister Training Leaders. Taylie says they are amazing and can't wait
to go on exchanges with them this week!

On P-day they had an epic nerf gun war with the other Elders and Sisters!

Tay had a great time at the Ward Christmas Party!


No comments:

Post a Comment