Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sacrifice

MONDAY APRIL 18

Hey is me again. Your MAINE homie, Sister Bee. 
We've had some beautiful weather to be out in this week. Bring on the SUNSHINE!! 


We had a few very special lessons this week. One of our investigators is doing so well. She loves learning, and is starting to recognize what the spirit feels like! One struggle that she has is getting to church. She lives 45 minutes away from our church building so that is quite a drive! She just said its a lot to have to get her family up and ready and to church by 9 in the morning,  which I completely understand that is a lot to have to do. Especially when you haven't been to church and cant see the blessings we receive from going. After we invited her and she sat there contemplating the member that was with us asked our investigator, "what are you willing to sacrifice to know Jesus Christ?" The room went silent, and the spirit filled the room so strongly. 
She then promised to come next week with her family, and I know she will.. That question has been in my head ALL week. What are we willing to sacrifice to know our Savior? I know that sometimes the things the Lord asks us to do can seem a little difficult, but the blessings always outweigh the sacrifice! (Kinda seems selfish almost, haha) anyways,I hope we can all sit back and look at the things we can do to know Christ better! 

We also had another good lesson with our investigator Judith, oh wonderful Judith! At the end of her lesson there were lots of tears and we were able to give her very specific promised blessings. I felt so strongly that the gospel can help her improve her life. I love being able to see people come closer to Christ, there lives really do change. I know the Gospel that Christ established does improves lives. I'm grateful for the way it has blessed mine. 

Well, I'm outta time. BUT.. Have a super good week. 
XxOOOoXxx
-Sister Bee 

So sad news this week. We were the only trio in the mission and there was a sister that needed to go home. So we lost Sister Draper. :( That was such a sad goodbye. I can't tell you how much I love Sister Draper, I will always be grateful that I was able to train her-- even though I feel like she was teaching me more! When I first received her as a companion I was a little nervous, because we were very different in a lot of ways, but it was amazing to see our friendship and companionship grow. She has only been here two transfers and is already an amazing teacher, I can't wait to see her at the end of her mission! I'm grateful for her light, and her smile. 

We "donut" want Sister Draper to leave us :( 

Cutest package from Jessica Rose!

PORTLAND HEADLIGHT P-DAY







We helped some members move this weekend and they moved right by the ocean! Sister Bishop and I packed a lunch and had a little picnic on the beach.










No comments:

Post a Comment