Monday, February 1, 2016

Temple Worship



SATURDAY JANUARY 30

Hi!
Quick weekly update for you!
So this week we had interviews with dear President Stoker, which was
amazing. I know I say this all the time, but I truly love him and am
so grateful for him. It's difficult at times being across the country
from your parents, but it's such a blessing to have two people,
President and Sister Stoker who love me just as their child. They
care, and bless, and emulate our Savior. It was a joy to talk with
them and to spend two days with them this week.

We had THE best lesson with our investigator this week. The feeling
during a great lesson and after is honestly the greatest feeling in
the world. I love the spirit, and I love seeing people allow this into
their lives! I hope I never forget the feeling and the happiness the
mission has brought. Our lesson was with a young busy mom and I was so
thankful she found the time to meet with us because I know she was
touched by the spirit. She said the most sincere prayer at the end of
the lesson. To hear someone pray for the first time is so touching!
It's the best calling in the world, to teach people the gospel and how
to pray and increase their relationship with Heavenly Father. I have
such faith in this investigator, and know she's going to accept to be
baptized soon!

Today we were able to attend the temple with Lorrie and Ellie
Griswold, both recent converts!. The Gull family--Members of the
branch came down with us and we all went out to lunch before, which
was really fun. Im so grateful that Ellie and Lorrie received the
blessing of being baptized themselves, and now today had the
opportunity to do baptisms for their family members who died without
having that same opportunity. It was a beautiful thing to watch, I
don't believe one of us had a dry eye. We all enjoyed every second of
it, and my testimony grew even deeper on the sacred work that is done
in the temple.

In my interview with President Stoker we talked a lot about the
temple, I feel like my love has grown so much for it over these past
few days. He shared with me some very cool things and I'd like to
share some of them with you! Something I really liked that he said was
that there is a difference between Temple attendance and Temple
worship. When we attend regularly it becomes temple worship, and
temple worship is where the revelation comes. He said that every big
decision he has ever made in his life was made in the temple, and I
hope to take that into my life because Heavenly Father knows best, and
He'll tell us what's best. Today I again had it confirmed to me that
the temple truly is the house of the Lord and there are crowning and
glorious blessings in store for when we go to worship. I'm thankful
each Sunday I can go to church and renew my baptismal and temple
covenants. I know that the temple, when it's our desire, can be open
to each of us, we are never too far from becoming temple worthy, it's
as simple as turning away from our worldly desires, and turning into
the Lord’s arm.

"Jacob 6:5 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I beseech of you in words
of soberness that ye would repent, and come with full purpose of
heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you. And while his arm
of mercy is extended towards you in the light of the day, harden not
your hearts."

Well on that note.. I'll share some awkward moments from the week..

*When you're eating Taco Bell and you see a random person that is eyeing
you down, so you sarcastically say "you want a bite?".......That
awkward moment when THEY SAY YES and so you give a random person a
bite of your taco... #imsuchagiver... That was by far the weirdest
thing that's ever happened to me.

*That awkward moment number 2... when you pull over to get gas and you
and your companion had planned to go in and get big Mountain Dew and a
treat, then we look over to the next pump and our mission President
and his wife were getting gas right next to us.. Sister Stoker is
super healthy and would probably not be pleased with our decision to
go and get Mountain Dew.. So we got gas reaaaalllllyyy slow so we
could still go in and get a treat! Haha

Have a good week!! The church is true, I'm happy because I know Jesus
Christ lives, and leads this church today.. Love you all so much!
Xoxo
Sister Bee

Interviews! We got to go back to Farmingdale (Augusta) it was so
exciting to go back!!




We live nearby the beautiful ocean!! Don't mind my face, I'm really
tired a lot, and I feel like it shows strongly sometimes. Lol


Ice cream with the sweet Reynold girls!!
Gave us a traditional Maine dinner... Red hot dogs, and whoopie pies! I
love the Segars! Chuck gives us head hugs where we can't give him hugs
goodbye, lol!





Temple with the Griswolds!! Better than Christmas with the Griswolds :)





Went on a great exchange with two of the sweetest girls I've ever met this week. Sister Lewis and Manjar. Both from Utah! I gained so much love for them spending two days with them. The thing I love about Sister Manjar the most is that she is pure and kind, and it shines from her. The sister in the back, Sister Lewis, I adore her, she is the most profound missionary and loves the work and her Heavenly Father. It was a joy to serve with both of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment