Saturday, February 20, 2016

And then there were three...

MONDAY FEBRUARY 15

(Tay's email wasn't working great last week, so this is including pictures from the past two weeks!)

Hi my dear family and friends!!

Welcome to the month of love!! Yay for February.
My apologies for no email last week.. that was such a crazy day. I was
sad my email wasn't working, but you know what that means, just more
to update you on this week. ;)

We had such BEAUTIFUL weather last week. Lots of snow, and sunshine!
It was just fabulous. This week it sadly went into the negatives, but
still not too bad. We had a lot of service opportunities with the snow
which made for a great week. We had some cool experiences where
Heavenly Fathers hand was in the whole thing, I sure love how God can
lead us to those in need. Friday as we walked out the door we had
remembered an older couple that lived down the road from us, and we
had the idea of going to see if they needed help. As we got to their
driveway we saw that half of it had been done and then there was a
shovel laying down like someone had gotten tired and went inside. I
was so thankful to see the Lord lead us to that house. We both started
shoveling away when a woman opens her window and yells at us (in a
cranky tone) "what do you think you are doing?!" We both JUMP and say
"um... Shoveling your driveway?" Boy, did that surprise her haha.. She
said thank-you and closed the window. About a half hour later when we
we're finished she came out to thank us, and asked why we had done
that. We told her that we were missionaries from the Mormon church,
and that we love to serve, we even got to talk to her a little bit
about what we believe in. As we were leaving she said "you Mormons
really practice what you preach!". It was such a nice compliment, my
heart was touched and I couldn't help but think of what a wonderful
church we're apart of that teaches us to try our best to love and
serve as Christ does. I'm so thankful for all the service members of
the church offer daily to help mold and shape souls.

I just have to say first off how much I love Sister McVey, she has
truly been my best friend since day one. She is a wonderful person. I
feel like we were even best friends for forever. She blesses life's,
and she is blessing mine right now. She is the funniest person I've
ever met too, I can't wait for you guys to meet her. We weren't
worried about transfer calls at all because President Stoker told her
in her interview that we would be staying together until the end of
her mission. Well earlier that week I was showering one morning and
had the thought that Sister McVey and I would be training a new
missionary. I got out of the shower and yelled to sister McVey as she
was studying "Sister McVey, what If we train together as sister
training leaders!?" She laughed, and I laughed as well, knowing that
that was most likely not going to happen. Well lo and behold Saturday
night we get the call from the assistant and he tells us that we are
staying together and that a brand new missionary will be joining us!!
Man oh man, it was like fireworks on the 4th of July going off in our
apartment, we went nuts! This is the first time either of us have ever
heard of anything like this ever happening. We were SOOO excited. We
couldn't even sleep that night. It's just so fun to train a new
missionary, they come out with such a special spirit, and such fire! I
have two transfers left, and a missionary is trained for two transfers
and so I'll finish my mission training. I have really been wanting to
end my mission strong and running, and I know that a new missionary
will help keep me focused, motivated, and ready to work!

So the new Sister.. She's great! Her name is Sister Draper. She's
graduated from Utah State. She's super smart, it's awesome. I feel
like I'm walking around with freaking Google. I'm not even
exaggerating. She's from Delta Utah, youngest of 6 and she can solve
the rubrics cube with her toes. I already love her lots! It was a
little bit of an adjustment at the first of the week having 2
companions, but things have worked together so well. Being in a Trio
rocks my socks... Sister McVey and I take turns driving every other
day, and the days that I'm not driving I get to take a little nap in
the back of the car on our way to appointments! It's the best thing in
the world.

The work is going well. We've been working a lot with the members.
This branch is still just phenomenal! I have felt Heavenly Father near
this week. I'm very thankful for that because I needed Him! I'm
thankful for his love, it's the sweetest thing I have ever felt. This
week I was reminded to love everyone, and that you don't have to be
just like me for me to love. We are all unique, and God has created
each of us so  personally and differently. I'm grateful for His love,
that he gives to us all so freely. I'm glad that I can try to return
that love in such an imperfect way by serving Him and giving Him my
heart.

Well I hope you all know how much I love this church, I know it
blesses lives when we embrace the gospel. I hope you have a crazy good
week!

Dad I bet you're happy about the super bowl!! Mom thanks for making my
traditional chocolate cover strawberries, I told sister McVey all of
our Super Bowl traditions and that one was included!!

Oh also we now have wifi in our apartment, because our downstairs
neighbor gave us her password to her wifi! So.. I can read emails
throughout the week, just can't reply until Monday's, so therefore
feel free to update me on anything or send pictures :)

Mom and Dad, thank you for the ALEX AND ANI BRACELET!! Thank you so so
so so so much!! I love it! They're huge out here in New England, and I
brought me one last Christmas with my Christmas money, and wore it to
death and it was lookin pretty dingey so I was so happy to receive
such a precious gift! Thank you. Tawn the package with all the goodies
were great, thank you for the cupcake stuff. We made cute cupcakes for
the ward members and neighbors!

Sending lots of love to you this week...
This..........................................much. Muah!

PS: I can't believe I almost forgot this... I tried real homemade New
England maple syrup on ice cream this week... Dear me!!! I'm in love,
you all need to try this sometime in your life.
XoXo
-Sister Bee


Some call me the chicken whisper....  We stacked lots of wood on a
farm for service for a family that lives near by! I even got to share
my testimony at the end, so that was neat. This week was full of
service.












Valentines Package
Laurie Griswold... We had a girls day today! It was a good p-day. It
almost felt like I was having a girls day with you mom. She's awesome,
and she's been through a lot and is so strong! She took us up to
Augusta, to TARGET, and to lunch, and to get our hair trimmed by a
member up there. It was so exciting I ran into four members of the
Augusta ward while we were there, it made me so happy to see all of
them!! I know Heavenly Father made that one happen because Augusta is
huge.. If you get sometime you should message Laurie on Facebook and
send some love her way, she bought our lunch and frozen yogurt today
and spoiled my companion and I. It was a terrific p-day, thanks to
Laurie. 



We call our selfs the tripod. They're both 24, #oldies.








Elder Luu and I have served around each other a lot. He's a good ole
missionary, with an awesome conversion story. We served in Somersworth
together, and were both ecstatic to find out that we are serving
around each other in Yarmouth. He saw a bee tie and had to buy it
because of my last name!


We now have a 3rd companion who videos all of the stupid stuff that we do.. haha




The awesome crowleys, members of our branch! Each fast Sunday they
have milkshakes and hot dogs to break their fast, we were invited to
join them this month. It was delicious, and BEAUTIFUL, look at their
view to the ocean!
The district that we meet with every Wednesday! The monsoons (senior
couple) are awesome, they make us lunch every Wednesday! I love this
group so much!!
My best mission buddy is heading back to Sandy Utah, she finishes her
mission on Wednesday! I'm so thankful for Sister Olsen, she has
answered so many of my prayers. She's so amazing in so many ways, and
has so many qualities of the Savior. She can make anyone smile and
laugh, absolutely hilarious. So thankful I had the chance to meet
this sweet girl!!








No comments:

Post a Comment