Monday, October 26, 2015

HOPE


MONDAY OCTOBER 26

Ehhh oh family and friends :)

Sorry not too much to update you on this week, but I had a good good
week, and I hope you did as well! Taught some good lessons, spent a
lot of time finding, did some service at the New Hampshire food bank,
and had some really good member meals, including delicious homemade
Dominican Republic food. Oh and I had to give a talk in sacrament
yesterday with 15 minutes to prepare. I was so not prepared, so I
talked on ways that we could be prepared for all things in life. I
hoped that it went well, I prayed in my heart that the spirit was
there, because I truly know that's all that matters when you're giving a
talk.

I'll share with you the scripture I will be ponderizing this week, and
hope that you'll ponder it with me! It's Ether 12:4 "Wherefore, whoso
believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even
a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh
an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and
steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
Devin G. Durrant has asked us in this past general conference to
ponderize. He said " I sincerely pray you will choose to ponder God’s
words in an extended and deeper manner." I love the promise that he
gave to us as we do this.. "As you make this effort, you will feel an
increase in spirituality. You will also be able to teach and lift
those you love in more meaningful ways."

Im grateful for that, and want to try to do better at pondering things
from the gospel. I love being a missionary, it's truly a blessing and
a privilege. I am grateful for hope, this week I have been extra
thankful for it. I know that hope helps us conquer any discouragement
that we may have. Hope is what gets me through anything and
everything. I know that my hope comes from Gods light, and it makes me
feel better as I rely on His light and hope. I know that God can only
be as close to us as we allow, and as we give our faith to him and put
our hope and trust in Him, that we will feel Him closer. I run into
people all of the time out here that don't have faith or hope that
there is a God, and it breaks my heart, because I know with all
certainty of my soul that there is a God, and that we are so loved by
Him. I know that because the Lord allows me to feel His love each and
every single day for the people here in New England.

Hope and love on loved ones!
Love you all deeply, and miss you much!
Have a happy happy Halloween, and eat lots of candy!

Xoxo
Sister Bee

" All of us missionaries flew out to the mission field on the same
day, and were able to be together at our one year mark at interviews
with President Stoker. Oh and the kid on the right, he's just photo
bombing, he's the the weirdest kid I've ever met, but the good kind of
weird that you just love, andd lives just in Bear River City!"

"Good ole Pauline... She is our investigator! We had the same bag,
or as they call it in New England a "pocket book" so we took a picture
with them. Saturday we had such a spiritual lesson with her, and she
took us out to lunch afterwards. So that was really neat :) She
doesn't act like she is a day over 20 and I love it, I hope to be that
fun and energetic when I am that age!"

"Sometimes my eyes tear up looking at the beautiful leaves!"


"Our neighbors, Karen and Kathy, are the best! They took us out to eat on Friday!"


"We sort through clothes every week for the homeless, and this week we found these HUGE pants that both of us could fit into! haha!"

No comments:

Post a Comment