Monday, June 15, 2015

If you are trying, you are winning.

MONDAY JUNE 15

Family, and Friends :)

Its been a good week here!

This week is Fathers day!! Yay!! Happy Fathers day to Our Dear and Gracious Father in Heaven. And happy fathers day to the one and only Dar Bee!! If I had it my way, I think we should be able to skype home not only on Christmas and Mothers day... But Fathers day as well!! And I don't think birthdays would be a bad idea either... anyways haha! Dad, a member in our ward flew over to Tremonton this week and I sent her with a card to hand deliver to ya. Just want to thank you for all you do for our family, I love you more then words can say. I hope your day is nothing but wonderful, because that's what you deserve! 

Our church was a full house yesterday.. We had alot of visitors! Our ward mentioned something how this is a vacation place during the summer, so we always get visitors. It was fun to talk to all of them. A group had gone to a Red Sox baseball game the night before.. how fun huh! We live pretty close to Mass, and I can't wait to come back someday and go to a game. Yesterday we also had the best sacrament meeting. Someone from our stake came and talked, and he seriously gave the best talk I've ever heard. I felt bad I didn't catch him after to tell him how much I enjoyed his talk. His talk hit home to me. He talked about how we all go through struggles... but if we're struggling were doing the right thing. Because if you are struggling you are trying, and if you're trying you're winning. Not going to lie, every stinkin day I struggle.#thestruggleisreal. It was so nice to hear that, I felt from the spirit very strongly, that as long as we keep trying in life, The Lord is proud. Thats all he wants and asks of us.. To keep trying!!  My mission, or should I say my life has been a huge process of slowly trying to overcome weakness and shortcomings, but I am grateful that we all the opportunity to improve and to become, and to just keep trying!

The missionary work here has been so good this week!! Sister Bee is jumping for joy!! 

We finally got in with a potential this week... I had such a good feeling about this family so I made sure we just kept going back. Time after time something was going on, busy, dinner, kids are going crazy, but this week she let us in! She told me "Since its the fourth time you guys stopped by, I guess I should let you in!" haha what can ya say? I am like a cat, you feed me once, and always keep coming back ;) We talked about our church and what believe in and we also talked about the Book Of Mormon which was really good as well. I was happy we finally got to tell them a little bit about The Church and what we believe in.

We had a great family home evening lesson with a darling family yesterday. The dad, hasn't been to church since a kid, and the wife is not a member. They have two of the cutest kids, 4 and 2, both beautiful!! It was a blast! They made us pizza, and we talked about the iron rod and did an object lesson. The kids loved it! We set up plans with them to do more family home evening with younger couples in our ward with young kids so they get to know the ward. Such a benefit to have so many young and fun people in this ward. When we were walking out, I looked at the window screen and the little boy had his face squished against it and said "bye Sister Bee!" It made my heart melt :)

After that we hurried over and met the Rochester Elders. They are the other missionaries in our ward. We are with them alot, and we do alot of missionary work together.They pulled a cruel joke on us sisters cause on our way to the members house they had caught grasshoppers and flung them on us when we got into the car.. haha!  So this sweet sweet lady had us over for dinner.. and my oh my it was a thanksgiving feast!! It was pretty great. This member has fallen away from the church, and said it was good to have the missionaries back in her house. Her less active daughter was there, along with her boyfriend. We had the most spiritual lesson. The spirit was there, and touching all of our hearts. The member said it is time for her to get back, and we talked about getting her to the temple again, which is really exciting for her. And for the daughter we are going to work towards her patriarchal blessing, and for the boyfriend, the Elders are going to start teaching him the missionary lessons. It was such a good night. I felt so blessed to be helping The Lord in His Work. 
side note* who gave you your patriarchal blessing?? The answer is the Lord! We should treat them as scriptures. Something that has really been on my mind this week! 

Today is our districts p-day that we all do together. We were supposed to have a cook out, but its raining today so we're going to play games in the church. Which should be really fun, and remind me how out of shape I am haha! It rained all night last night, and oh man did I sleep good!!! The sound of rain can put this sister to sleep so fast!! But any other night I am confused where the time goes? I feel like I lay my head down, and the next thing I know my alarm clock is going off.. I don't know if thats a good or bad thing! Anyways I don't know what I am saying my fingers are just kind of typing.. hahah... gah!! Have a great week and I love and miss you all. 

I can't say it enough, but I thank the Lord so much for putting me in such a good area. It is such a special place here. With all the trees being so green I can't help  but always reflect on Joseph Smiths Prayer, and how His humble prayer was answered. I am so grateful that we have a loving Heavenly Father, and a Savior that didn't want to leave us here without Christ's true church. Its is beyond a blessing to have the Restored Gospel and Priesthood here on this earth to help us through. I have never been so sure of anything in my life, I know without a doubt that this is the true church here on this earth, and it is here to help us and bring us nearer to God. I am grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord, I know they are everywhere if we keep our eyes open for them, and once we do notice them we realize how blessed we are.  I have been reading through Joseph Smith History for my past couple of studies because we have an investigator that has a lot of questions about him. I have watched my testimony grow more this week as I have studied that history. I would definitely recommend to read over it again this week, it brings such a spirit into your studies. 
XoXo

Sister Bee


I apologize for the long one.. no one likes long ones. I just had so much to tell you about my good week!! Next week I plan on keeping it short, because I have a few emails I need to personally reply to.





WE LOVE SISTER BEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment