Monday, June 22, 2015

A Happy Week!



HELLO famila and fwends :)
Thanks for the updates.
Sister Bee sure loves you all with her whole soul!!

I had a happy happy week here, and I pray and hope you all did too!

Ready for the spill from this week, and the missionary work?
Well... Monday we finally got in with a couple I have been praying
for. Yipee!! My first week here we tracked into them, and I felt such
a good feeling. We've tried back lots, and just weren't able to catch
them home at the same time. But we finally did Monday!! Had a very
good spiritual talk, and taught the restoration. It's moments and
lessons like these, that make being a missionary the best thing in the
world.

Sister Olsen, (From Utah!) came on exchanges with me here this week.
Monday through Wednesday. She is the biggest sweetheart, and we had
such a good time doing missionary work together. We got along so well,
and had so much in common. We went for a nice nice run one morning for
morning exercises and it was so great... Until two days later, when
the soreness set in! Haha I seriously felt like I was a 19 year old
living in a 93 year olds body!! We had a dinner both nights with two
great families in the ward, the Seavys and the Haraczkas. I'll put a
picture below of when we got caught in a HUGEdownpoor... Haha :)

Thursday we had a lesson/ pizza party with our friend Sally who had
questions about our church, she also had her curious friend Amanda and
their little boys with them. Both had some great questions about what
sets the Mormon church apart from the others, I find it such a
blessing when I am able to share with others what I love, and know to
be true. Sally could be my best friend, sometimes I wonder if I was
sent here to teach and meet her. She is just goofy, and has the gift
of gab like me! I wish we could meet with her more often, but she is
learning about the church nice and slow, which is perfect for her! She
did come to church, and bring her sweet little boy a few weeks ago
tho!

Friday's we do service at an assisting living home, called Wadleigh
house every Friday. We play hang man with all the oldies, and I'll tell
ya what.. it is a highlight of the day usually. I just love them all
so much!! They are so stinking funny!

Saturday the missionaries in our ward went up to the Zion Girls camp
with a few of the members to help get the camp grounds ready for girls
camp next week. It was the most beautiful 170 acres that the church
owns. So green, with a beautiful lake around it. In my head I was
imagining a good swim in the lake, or a good walk around the camp
ground, but in reality we helped clean the kitchen, lol!  All of us
missionaries helped with the dishes. Sister Payne and I washed from
9am to 2pm, haha talk about raisin fingers times 100!! It really was
enjoyable, and I hope and pray those sweet girls have a good time at
girls camp :)

Sunday was good, we were asked to to teach the 4 and 5 year olds in
primary. It was so fun!! So many fun kids in our ward. We were handed
the lesson right before we were supposed to teach it.. It was the
weirdest thing when I opened the lesson book, I recognized and
remembered the whole lesson from when I was in primary. I couldn't
help but be thankful for you mom and dad for taking me to primary all
those years, they really are such valuable years where we can learn so
much. I know that is where my testimony of this gospel began, and I
know how important primary is. PS... I'm not going to lie, I was
probably the most excited kid in the primary room when they started
sing "popcorn popping!" Yesterday We also did a lot of street
contacting in downtown Dover... That was so great, people were out and
weather was good!! We were even able to have a good conversation about
who we are, and what we do as missionaries with two different
families. It was all fun and games until one of the dads we were
talking to had this bug fly straight into his ear... He couldn't get
it out and it was really quite scary. I didn't know what to do, I had
so much concern for this man, but I wanted to laugh because I couldn't
believe it was actually happening. Needless to say, great family, but
our conversation ended a little earlier then planned because of a rude
bug.

Well that's about all I have to update on my week.. Love ya long time!
Have a fabulous week.

Sister Bee 💗💗💗💗

Some pictures below :) I might be looking a little chunky... The ward
and some friends of ours have dropped of bread, banana bread, Texas
sheet cake, and chocolate chip cookies, all this week!! It's just so
terrible, but so great at the same time. They might have to roll me
back to Utah next May ;) ps... Today is my 8 month mark, can ya
believe it!? Cause I sure can't!





No comments:

Post a Comment