Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter and Conference Weekend!


Hi fam!! 

I hope everyone's Easter weekend was great. What a neat weekend where General Conference was on Easter Sunday! Easter has always been one of my favorites, and I'm so grateful to know that our Savior Lives and that He is here to help us every step up the way. He truly is in the details of our lives, whether we recognize it or not.  Its such a blessing to know that during the bad, the good, the in between, the past, the future and now, that He lives and is here to help us. This week I have had such ups and downs, and I have never been more grateful for my Redeemer and the Atonement. It has and was such a big eye opener just graduating from high school and jumping into the real world, and moving across the country. Mom and Dad weren't close by to lean on, and it was really tough for me for awhile. At this time in my life I have had to learn to fully rely on the Savior, and I can tell you this has been the biggest way for me to gain my own testimony that our Savior is here. He loves us, He will help us, but we have to do our part, by reaching out to him in prayer and through the scriptures.

One of my favorite talks this General Conference was by Jeffery R. Holland. Man he has such a way of putting words that hit straight to my heart. I am so grateful our Savior is there to pull us up when we need it. I just can't even express my gratitude for all the times he has helped me. If you didn't get a chance to listen, I would definitely tell you all to look that one up. Super powerful!

Doctrine and Covenants 76: 22-24 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father---That by Him, and through Him, and of Him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughter unto God.

This week was swell! I love my companion and I love missionary work. We keep tract of how many people we invite to learn about the gospel, and this week we invited 113 to learn more about Jesus Christ and to come to church! We set up a ward fast for 40 days, where each family or 1 person in the ward picks a day to fast for missionary work during this 40 day period. We have asked them to fast for the missionaries to find a family that is prepared to hear the gospel. We started on April 1st, and since then we have found a few families that have invited us back. Which we're so grateful for! I really enjoyed Henry B. Eyrings talk from the Saturday morning session of General Conference on the law of fasting. He mentioned how when we fast rich blessings and promises are in store for us, and the people that we fast for. I know that from our wards help, we'll see miracles in our area!

I'm grateful to be on my mission. I Know that our Savior loves all of His children, and that He lives to help us!. I'm grateful for our dear Prophet Thomas S. Monson, and all the other speakers and for their inspiring words they shared this past weekend. 

Hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much!

Love always, 
Sister Bee

"When I bring you back, I have to take you to the famous wicked whoopies shop!! There yummy cream pies, huge here in maine... they also make you huge... There so yummy till you look at the calories on the back. lol"



Sister Harper and Sister Bee!


The volunteers and Tay at the Augusta Food Bank!

Easter package that my mom and I threw together in 10 minutes because the post office was closing and we weren't sure we were going to make it! (Totally my fault!) It still turned out cute, and she loved it!

Isn't she the CUTEST? Miss her!


No comments:

Post a Comment