Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snow, Chickens, and a Rose!

MONDAY FEBRUARY 16

Its been a good week here in Augusta Maine :) 

Things are so busy and great as a missionary! 

We shoveled lots of snow this week and even got to help scrape off some roofs with snow on them which was super fun and exciting.

We talked to a lot of people and have some really great people to teach!! I can feel my testimony of This wonderful gospel grow more and more each day. I know that my Redeemer lives, and I very much know that he loves all of his children.

This week we had an appointment fall through, and we didn't really know what to do right afterwards. So we got in the car and prayed on where we should go. Both my companion and I felt like we should go visit a potential investigator named Tony. So we drove to her house. Once we got there she finally let us in.. we began to share the restoration with her, I felt the sweetest spirit come in to the room, and noticed she had begun to cry. I was so thankful she was feeling the same thing that I was. I was thankful I got to testify of Gods love for her, because I knew that was exactly what she needed that day. I was thankful that we were lead to her house to share the message with her. The restoration is so powerful, and I know without a doubt that Joseph Smith has restored the Gospel Of Jesus Christ on this earth again. I know that the church is true, and I'm very blessed to be part of it.

Tay holding an egg!

Chickens!




Elliot is the cutest and got the girls flowers for Valentines day!
Scraping snow off of the houses

Sister B and C were glad they didn't have to be grounded this week from the weather and could get out of their apartment.

This is our sweet sweet investigator Mary, Her baptism date is June 13th. She has the strongest desire to come closer to God, and to do better. This week she said that her mouth got loose and she said some naughty words and yelled, and right after she felt really bad and got down on her knees and prayed to be forgiven. It was so cool to hear that, and to know that she had been listening to us when we were teaching about repentance. I have such a strong testimony of the Atonement. I know that I am forever grateful for it. It's a beautiful thing to know we can be forgiven of our mistakes, I'm grateful for second chances, and that we can always try to be better and have the guilt off of our chest.. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ that has made ALL of this possible, and that it is possible for us all to become better and to become made whole again. My mind can't always comprehend how great our Savior is, and how He did it just for us. It is so cool to think even if we were the only person on this earth, Christ would have came down and prayed in the garden of Gethsemane and suffered all our our pains and sorrows just for us. We are so loved by God and his son, I know that through Jesus Christ we can be made whole again. I was reading a talk this morning from an Ensign from Robert D Hales. It was called "To Act for Ourselves: The Gift and Blessings of Agency." I really really liked it, we are so blessed to have a wonderful President of the Church, and a Quorum of the Twelve Apostles that are so in tune with God to help and strengthen us. In the talk he quoted a scripture from the doctrine and covenants in section 58 verse 42 "Behold who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more." I know that when we humbly ask for forgiveness with a sincere heart, we can be forgiven. We just have to believe in the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Accept the saviors Forgiveness, and then forgive yourself. Because of His sacrifice for you, He has the power to "remember them no more." Linking it back to the talk on agency, once we are forgiven we have our agency and we need to do out best to stay on the path, and do what is right. He said in his talk "rejoice in hope for the future." I know that because of our Savior that this is all possible. This truly is the Gospel of hope, happiness, and peace. 

I'm sorry this was such a short one. I really need to work on learning how to manage my email time better.. haha just know things are great here in Maine! I love this gospel with all my heart. I'm very grateful for this opportunity I have to serve. I know that Jesus is the Christ, and we can truly be instruments in his hands.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

Sister Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment