Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Be Happy, and Rejoice!

MONDAY JANUARY 18

Hi fam!
Not too much to update you on this week. Other than I LOVE YOU!
This week was good, we were really busy, and saw some great miracles!
The Yarmouth Branch is AMAZING!! There are just a ton of wonderful
disciples of Christ in this area. We have had a meal appointment
almost every night here. (it hasn't been like that my whole mission!)
We're working really closely with the ward members this year. Our
mission President has came up with a new big "mission vision" this year and
he wants for every member to pray about a date and then set a date for
someone to be prepared to take the missionary lessons in their home.
How neat huh!? We just started this at the first of January and have
already seen some great miracles. Us and the members are so on board
for this, and I know that Heavenly Father is preparing many people!

It snowed quite a bit this week.. Talk about a winter wonderland! It's
so beautiful here :) trees and snow everywhere, it's so dreamy! I love
when it snows because it gives us lots of opportunities to serve
others! This week we did lots of snow shoveling and moving wood.. You
know what that means, I'm gettin me some #buffarms. 😉 Crazy thing
that happened is we went out one morning and we were shoveling out our
driveway, as we were shoveling I see a big plow truck coming down the
road and say to my companion "hey maybe he'll come and plow us out!"
As the plow got closer, I froze and couldn't even believe my eyes
as I yell "there is no one in that truck!" About 30 seconds
later it runs into a snow bank and stops and Sister McVey runs over
and puts it in gear, I was still standing in the driveway completely
FROZEN. A man had ran into the post office and had forgotten to put it in
park. It was the most craziest thing to see a big truck coming down
the road with no one driving!!

Favorite scripture of the week is Alma 26:12-14. I love Ammon, he is
such a boss! I admire a lot of his work in the Book of Mormon and I
love a lot of his attributes.

Ammon says:
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for
in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles
we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name
forever.

13 Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the
pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this
because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not
great reason to rejoice?

14 Yea, we have reason to praise him forever, for he is the Most High God.

   I feel like this scripture really hit home to me.. There was one
day this week that I was just feeling so weak, the flesh really can
just get so weak. I was physically, mentally, and spiritually
exhausted. I had a big day of work ahead of me, and I know the only
way I got through the the day was because of God and through much
prayer. I know that through Christ we can do all things. It's in and
through Him that it is possible. He can and will help us endure as we
rely on the Atonement. I hope we can all remember, including myself,
when times are hard, or even when things are going good, that we have
much reason to be happy and rejoice, because of Jesus Christ! He has
come and saved us all, and I'm eternally grateful for that! I know
that as we strive to keep the commandments until He comes us again
that we will have a sense of greater peace in life. I love my Savior,
I know that He lives and that He is the Christ!

Hope you have a good week. So glad I have you guys for forever!
Say your prayers and read your scriptures!

Xoxo
-Sister Bee

Sister McVey and I! She's so great! We're so similar, it's kind of weird!

I looked out the window and what did I see?!

Sunday breakfast after church at the ward mission leaders home! The Bairds, they're my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment