Friday, December 18, 2015

Glory to God in the Highest

MONDAY DECEMBER 14


Hi family,
Nothing too out of the ordinary this week. Taught some lessons, tracked
some streets. Oh I did have my first chili dog this week, I was a
little nervous to try it cause it just has never been something that's
ever looked that appetizing to me, but I tried it and loved it.. Even
had to go back for another one! Haha, can't believe it's taken me 20
years of life to try such a wonderful thing.

This week was another really great week. On my mission I have seen
just how Gods hand is in every little thing. It's amazing to see how
he cares and loves, and really is in every detail of each and everyone
of our lives. There are too many tender mercies and miracles in this
life for Him not to be! Before our ward party we headed out to do some
tracting, which led to come miracles, we had prayed and felt very
strong to go to Mcarthy street. We tracked the left side, and had some
success. Showed the new Christmas video at one door step, and at the
next door we got a return appointment! After we had been out for
awhile we looked at the time and realized it was time to get going for
the party. As we were walking back to the car which was a ways a way
from us, I felt a strong urge that we needed to knock a certain house
on the other side of the street. As we knocked we received a cute
little boy at the door step with his dad. Showed them the Christmas
video, and gave them a Book Of Mormon. He then told us that he would
read the book! We left the street feeling so happy.. There are not too
many people here that accept even Christ in their life, but I see such
a difference in the time of year and how people's hearts are more open
to Jesus Christ! Sharing the gospel has brought me the most divine
peace I've ever felt. I know that as we share our testimonies with
those around us, it blesses on both sides. I  was reminded once again
that that the spirit does touch our heart, feelings and our mind. Its
such a blessing that we receive the spirit as we ask and seek for it,
it's such a beautiful promise that we may have such a gift with us to
lead and guide us.

As I said earlier the ward Christmas party was this week, which was
great! Seriously so much fun. The Manchester ward is so great, so full
of love. Our investigators Kiks came, so that was a plus too!

Here is a little Christmas thought I read this week by Elder D. Todd
Christofferson that I really liked..
"I think it’s appropriate this time of year to just think about that
baby in the manger. Don’t be too overwhelmed or occupied with what is
to come; just think about that little baby. Take a quiet, peaceful
moment to ponder the beginning of His life--the culmination of
heavenly prophecy but the earthly beginning for Him.
Take time to relax, be at peace, and see this little child in your
mind. Don’t be too concerned or overwhelmed with what is coming in His
life or in yours. Instead, take a peaceful moment to contemplate
perhaps the most serene moment in the history of the world--when all
of heaven rejoiced with the message “Glory to God in the highest, and
on earth peace, good will toward men."
I hope we can all take time to notice and let the peace that comes
through Christ into our lives this season.
Hope you have a happy week.
Love you very much. We skype so soon, yay!
XoXoXo 💛
-Sister Bee

Pictures:
#1.We got to help with the sugar cookie decorating at the ward party
which was sooo fun!




#2. Our great bishop.. Bishop Dickson! His advice these past two weeks
to us have been "flirt to convert!" Haha such a great man.



#3.. Ahh it is what it looks like.. So last Monday I found the shoes I
have on, on sale. (40% off of an already marked clearance, woohoo! Too
cute not to get for $11) Tuesday I was all excited to wear my brand
new shoes!! Haha and here comes the story... Haha. So that cute little
fence I'm posted up on yep..  There's a lady on the other side of it
playing with her dog. Everyone who really knows Taylie knows I am
already not the biggest fan of dogs in the first place. Well when I
see her I really wanted to talk to her so I yell "ohhhh what a cute
dog you have!" (Lie number 1) she replies with a kind thank you. We
then asked if we could share a short message with her, and she said
yes! So as we're sharing the message with her of course my eyes were
on her and not the dog. All of sudden my bare feet start to get really
warm! I look down and the freaking dog is peeing on my bare feet!!
Ew.. Haha I scream, a deep ugly pig squill comes out.. Haha see you
later spirit that was in the lesson. She apologized and felt so bad..
I told her that it was just no big deal at all! (lie number two, cause
I was far from home with no where to wash) haha. So moral of the story
don't lie. After the whole scene Sister Hallam asks if I want to stop
in somewhere to wash, I said yes! As we got looking around the only
thing that was around was ghetto markets and whole in the walls..
That's when we lost it and could not control our laughter on the side
of the street.. Haha well anywho Sister Bee walked around with Pee on
her feet for a majority of the day. Nasty I know.. Took one for the
team that day!



#4.. I thought our kitty was fat... Hahah!






No comments:

Post a Comment