Monday, November 9, 2015

Mission Conference


Hiiii!


This week has been pretty neat. It's still so beautiful.. all the leaves are still falling, so pretty much everywhere you look it's snowing leaves! So.. fun fact about Manchester...Adam Sandler was born and raised right where I am serving! This week was wonderful. Especially Saturday!! We were so fortunate as a mission to be able to have a mission conference, at the Joseph Smith Memorial with Elder Brent Nielson Of the Seventy and his
wife. WHAT A SPECIAL DAY! My goodness, I just cried at the end of the day with such gratitude to have been at such a sacred place, with such amazing people. What an amazing couple they are, they shared so much with me that will have such an impact on my entire life. Sister Nielson, she talked to us about the holiness of everyday life, and how missions and life can be a wild roller coaster. She told us that it's not going to be a year and a half of an uphill ride, she shared that it's a really dippy roller coaster, and sometimes the dips can be really dippy. But she showed us how there is holiness in every day life. I truly want to be better at noticing the holiness of everyday life. I liked how she said some of the most holiest things we learn in life or on our missions have to be wrapped in opposition, but with the enabling power of the Atonement we can be strengthened. Then Elder Nielson gave us a huge training.I was amazed by how he trained exactly to our needs. He talked to us about the difference on the enabling, and redeeming power of the Atonement. My love for the Atonement and the gospel teaching were so strengthened. Then we also had a two hour of question and answer session. It amazed me at how our questions he could flip to a scripture and answer it so on point. I saw right before my eyes a man called of God and being such an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I can say that it was truly one of the best days of my life. I felt the spirit stronger than ever, and I learned so much. I wish I could just personally Skype you and share all the things I learned. I wish my attention span was better to type about all the things I thought were so awesome. But I can say I'm very grateful for this gospel. I know with every certainty of my soul that this church is true. I know with everything in that this true church has been restored back on this earth. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, it was such an opportunity to be at his birthplace. I know that the prophets will never lead us astray, that it will only lead us to happiness. They teach the standards and laws of God, and when we're on Gods side we can never fail. This weekend at lunch we had the privilege to sit at the same table as Elder Neilson and his wife. The lunch was really good, I don't know if it's always that way at the memorial or if they were just really wanting to impress Elder Nielson. They even used real plates! He was telling us that he watches and works around the Prophet and Apostles a lot. He said something that I thought was really cool, he said that it was not an experience when you meet someone and they're not made up to what they're supposed to be. He told us that it was the opposite way when he got called to his calling. That the Prophet and apostles ended up being better than we even think they are.

       Just wanted to end my email with a quote I read this morning out of true to the faith. It said "The most powerful missionary message you can send is your own example of living a happy Latter-day Saint life. Remember that people do not join the Church only because of gospel principles they learn. They join because they feel something that begins to satisfy their spiritual needs. If you are sincere in your friendship with them, they will be able to feel the spirit of your testimony and happiness."

    I know that to be true. Our investigator when we first started meeting with her was convinced that she would never be a Mormon. But as she has seen the example of the people in the Mormon faith her heart has been touched. I know that the spirit has touched her heart, and when the spirit touches hearts, hearts our changed. She does like the wonderful doctrines we have taught, but I have seen more than anything she's been most affected at the way us as Mormon live our lives. We had a beautiful lesson with her at the church yesterday, and she told us that she was most affected on the way we learn and then live the gospel.

    "It's not enough to wish, it's not enough to dream, it's not enough to promise. We must do!" -Thomas S. Monson. I have came to know that acting is a huge part of the gospel. Acting truly is a Christ Like attribute. We have to act on the gospel principals, and that will only bring us closer to Christ. It's such a privilege, to be apart of this work in its hastening time.. I love our Heavenly Father, and my Savior Jesus Christ with my whole soul. I know that we can only find true happiness from the Gospel Of Jesus Christ! I hope you are all happy and have a happy week. I care and love you all so much.

Xoxox
💜Sister Bee





No comments:

Post a Comment