Monday, August 17, 2015

Festival Fun

Hi guyss 😎

Hope all is well! Thank you for your emails, and updates. I care about you lots and love hearing how you're all doing.

Things are wonderful here in Somersworth! 

So a few weeks ago we prayerfully and carefully pulled out our little map and wanted to choose one street to go tract the next day. The lane was at the edge of our area, but both us felt like it was what we needed to do. So the next day we headed off to the lane we both felt good about. When we pulled up and saw the lane we realized there were only 3 houses on that lane.. We were expecting a few more.. But that's okay! We jumped out and started knocking. The second I saw the house, I told Sister Dickson that something good was about to happen. First house on the right, a sweet little lady comes to the door. To our surprise she had been praying for God to help her some way. I think when she told us that my heart dropped to the floor. We chatted a bit and she told us we could come back another time. We set up an appointment and were looking forward to it all week long. The morning of her appointment she gave us a call and wanted to cancel, she said she didn't feel good about letting two people into her house that she didn't know, because she had never heard anything about the church. Understandable, I'm not sure I would let just any random people in either. But I really was sad, because she just didn't quite have an idea on what she was denying. We gave her the bishops number and a few other numbers that she could call to know that we were a real church. Two days later we get a call from her. Her prayer was answered and she felt good about us coming over. We taught her all about the restoration and how Christ's church has been restored back on this earth. The spirit was oh so strong, and I know that she felt it. We left her with a Book Of Mormon and asked her to read the introduction. The next day we called her and she was very far into it, she said she knew what she was reading was true. Sunday comes and we found her a ride to church. Yippee. She was so happy to be there and loved all three hours. Man oh man it was so great to see her there. It was a perfect day of church, and I was happy she came. At then end of church she gave us both big hugs, and said "thank you for knocking on my door." << that moment right there made the thousand doors shut before her all worth it. I know she'll stay strong, I have so much faith in her. I really know with all my heart that God is preparing people to accept the gospel all around us. He answers prayers, I know she is an answer to my prayers, and that the church and the great teachings is an answer to her prayers. God is so mindful of each of us, I know that He hears our prayers and will answer them.

We also had a lesson with my most favoritest person in the world yesterday, a member returning back into the church. She is great, I know you would all love her too. She is one of those people that is just so easy to love. She had us over for dinner and a lesson last night. We started a program ran by the church with her daughter called the stop smoking program. At the first of lesson we asked the daughter to say an opening prayer. It was the most powerful and sincere prayer ever, and the spirit filled the room immediately. I know when we pray with real intent and a sincere heart, God knows, and will help us through the good and bad.. I'm thankful to know that Heavenly Father knows all of our hearts, especially mine. -- If it matters to you, it matters to God. 

"There is nothing that we are enduring that Jesus does does not understand, and he wants for us to go to our Heavenly Father in prayer. I testify that if we will be obedient and if we are diligent, our prayers will be answered, our problems will diminish, our fears will dissipate, light will come upon us, the darkness of despair will be dispersed, and we will be close to the Lord and feel of His love and of the comfort of the Holy Ghost." -Elder Robert D. Hales 

Have a fabulous week.
Xoxo
LOVE YOU SO MUCH 💜
-Sister Bee 🐝 

PS: worked at a fun festival during the day for family history with all the missionaries in our district. It was a blast!!






Adventures with Sister Olsen in Kennebunk, Maine!





Best dinner break yet! Beach contacting and PB & J's on Gouches beach!





This sweet man sketched Tay at the festival!



BEE KIND!



Until next week... 

No comments:

Post a Comment