Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July!

Family.. Friends.... How are you...??

I hear it's pretty roasty toasty in good ole Utah!? 
Looked like you guys had a wonderful 4th.. :) I loved all the pictures. 

I feel like it's been forever since I've been able to email ya... Oh wait it has!! Haha
Things are going pretty swell here in New Hampshire! 

So before we get to the email... The day spent at the Boston temple was just beautiful! My goodness... It was the best day ever! It felt so nice to be back in a temple. I had to wake up at 4:30, and we left at 5am. When I walked out the front door for the day, there was a nice breeze, I literally heard the birds chirping and knew it was going to be a great day, it was almost so unreal.  It was a good two hour drive, with the members, Garold and Lori Bair, they're ordinance workers at the temple, so we got to spend all day in the temple!! They're from burley Idaho, and just here for a couple years for his work. I was so grateful they let me tag along with them for the day. Boston is really busy but such a fun town. Being at the temple was just what I needed, such a good little get a way on a p-day. It was so perfect and peaceful in there, I kept thinking of ways I could go on strike and tell them that Sister Bee was never going to leave. 

We did a mission wide fast yesterday for the New Hampshire Manchester mission... Cool to think how many people were fasting for one purpose yesterday. Hopefully we start seeing some miracles from it. We don't have any investigators at the moment, which sometimes it can be really tough... But I have learned one really big lesson from it, you don't have to investigators to share the gospel. I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for the people I encounter with everyday that I get to share a brief statement about what I love and know to be true. I'm definitely not seeing baptisms left and right, but I do know all of us missionaries here are planting seeds

I marvel at how mindful our Heavenly Father is of each of us. He is so aware of us, and I'm so grateful to know He understands our hearts. Before my mission I believed in coincidences, but I do know now that there is no such thing as coincidences. The hand of our Lord is in every detail of all of our lives. 

So one day this week I was telling Sister Payne just how much I missed Grandma Sorensons homemade jam.. For how many pb&j's we eat on a missionary budget some homemade jam would be real nice... (btw don't think I am complaining about pb&j's because they really are my favorite) anyways that night we were going to check up on a really nice lady we tracked into and invite her to the 4th of July party our ward was having. She ended up having plans that day with her family, but as we were getting ready to go she said, "wait I think you girls need to try my homemade jam!" Hahaha SAY WHAT!? "I think we do too!!" came out of my mouth faster then anything else before haha. So she sent us home with a big jar of delicious homemade jam. I know this sounds silly, but this was such a tender mercy, and really helped my craving. Lol!

We had a zone conference down in Exeter. It was so great, President Stoker and the spirit taught me a lot that day. The conference topic was on repentance. Many times in my life I've looked at repentance as a big bad thing, because I've don't something wrong. But I have came to the knowledge of how glorious and positive repentance is. I am SO thankful for repentance. "Repentance is a change of mind, and heart, and gives us a fresh view about God, about ourselves, and about the world." I know that faith brings repentance in our life, two of Christ's doctrines. We all make mistakes, but because of the Savior we can be completely forgiven. We won't forget our sins, but the Savior can and will. That's one greatest things to me about this wonderful gospel is there is always so much hope and light ahead because of Jesus Christ and the atoning sacrifice He made for us. 

So South Berwick, a town that my companion and I cover had a huge strawberry festival. It kind of reminded me of peach days. It was really big and the whole town was there. We even saw some members (the petersons) they bought us some yummy strawberry cheesecake! #godblessthem. That day we had to walk a good mile or two after we had parked our car, because the parking was pretty crazy. Almost like the Box Elder County Fair. As we were walking and saying hi to people, I noticed a man struggling walking with a cane. I said a big "hello sir" as he looked up he did a double take and said " you two are missionaries huh." I was pretty surprised someone knew who we were!! I told him how I had felt prompted to say hi to him, come to find out he used to be a member of the church and even went on a mission. We talked for a bit, and wished him a happy day. Going back to the no coincidence thing, God truly has our paths cross with the right people at the right time, all we have to do is have our eyes and ears open to the spirit. 

July 3rd that was the one year mark from when I had opened my mission call.. So crazy! Can't believe I'm here now in the New Hampshire Manchester "Mishel" haha :) I kept replying that whole day in my head. What a memorable day! Thankful to be here, and to be able to dedicate this year and a half to the Lord. 

4th of July Started out with a boom... Literally! The ward pancake breakfast that they do every year was so fun! Never seen so many pancakes in my life.. Haha they also set off an original cannon from a war here in New England. It was pretty loud and exciting! We had a good lunch chicken and ribs at a members house, we ate outside and the weather was perfect!! We then went to an older ladies house in the ward and helped her make beanies for the cancer patients in the hospital. I made mine with a loom, and it actually was pretty easy. Only made a few mistakes, let me remind you of how uncrafty I am. 

One of my favorite scriptures for this week is found in Moshia 4:11 and 12, " And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel. 12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true."

I love that scripture so much, to me I really feel like it puts me in my place. I am grateful for this church and to know and feel so close to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I have such a strong testimony of Prayer. I know without a doubt He hears our prayers. I know that all of us are worthy to pray, and to create that relationship with God. It's such a blessing to have this gospel restored back on this earth, I have so much love for it, and desire to share it with everyone. I just wish I could take some peoples agency away.. haha just kidding, I do recognize that that is a precious gift from our Heavenly Father who loves us very much! I have felt the love that God has for all you, and it truly blows my mind how loved we are. Never forget that! 

Hope you all have a good week. I miss all of you so stinkin much!! May god bless you all. 

LOTS OF LOVE

Mom and Tawn... Thank you so much for the darling package... And the dress and shoes, wowee!! I love them!! So cute, it was so fun to wear a new outfit so I thank you for that,. I got a few compliments, and I gave all the credits to you two. Ohh and the gummy frogs you sent, yeah they were gone within two minutes. Thank you thank you, thank you!! The cute wrapping made me really get into the Holiday! Lol 

Sister Bee 

HAPPY 4th!! She said she should have recorded the dance she was doing outside of their apartment..
The pictures give us a good idea of how it looked haha




Beautiful Boston Temple!

Strawberry Festival Cheesecake

Sister Payne's secret recipe to italian frosting!

Policeman on horses

Teaching this sweet primary class again.

Sister Payne cut her hair!!



Tay just can't get over how beautiful this place is. She also said she doesn't recommend climbing
trees in a skirt haha



No comments:

Post a Comment